Garmin Nuvi is an easy-to-use GPS satnav device which comes in a variety of models. The most popular models are Nuvi 57, Nuvi 58, Nuvi 67 and Nuvi 68.
It comes with preloaded detailed maps of the US and Canada. Some models have free lifetime map updates. Free lifetime map updates come in quite handy as they always make sure that you are updated with all the changes
The Nuvi GPS comes with Garmin Real Directions which helps to navigate by providing landmarks like gas stations, traffic lights. You get information about the shops, restaurants, hotels from popular social media sites. The direct access simplifies navigating to complex destinations like shopping malls and airports.
All the Nuvi devices come with high commercial grade materials which help to get signal, even in those areas where other devices can fail. Each device comes with an included suction cup mount which helps to keep the device firmly in place while driving.
With the Garmin Real Directions, you get turn-by-turn spoken directions and simple navigation. This makes the whole navigation experience a bliss, as you won’t miss any important place.
In collaboration with popular social media sites, it provides you with millions of Points of Interests. The POIs includes restaurants, shopping centres, businesses and other popular destinations. So, it is also an easy way to discover popular and new places.
In addition to the above-mentioned features, you also get, alerts about
- School zone
- Animal crossings
- Speed camera alerts
Garmin publishes updated maps every 3 months in which all the changes which have occurred during this time is released.
When you want to do Garmin Nuvi update then Garmin Nuvi express is needed.
Garmin Nuvi Express allows all the users easy access for the following services for the Garmin devices. Some services can vary according to the model number of your device.
- Product registration
- Product manuals
- Software updates
- Chart, map or course updates
- Live services
Garmin Nuvi Update downloading with Garmin Nuvi Express
Before downloading and setting up Garmin Nuvi express take some care regarding the following:
- Battery Level: Always charge the device to at least 80% before trying to update the maps or software. You don’t want to brick the device if the battery dies during the update process.
- A USB cable: Check the condition of the USB cable. Sometimes, the update will not happen because of the faulty USB cable.
- Check the internet connectivity of your computer, a slow internet connection will make the update process long.
Simple Steps to update the Garmin device with the USB cable.
Connect the GPS device to your computer:
1.If you want to update the GPS device then connect the device to the computer with the USB cable that is provided with the device box.
2. Type the following URL in the address bar of the browser: www.Garmin.com/express.
3. Log in with the email id with which you had created the account. If you’ve not created an account before, then at first you’d need to create the login with the account.
Then, just follow the on-screen instructions to update your device with a new map or software.
If you’re unable to update the map or software, then you can ask for your query in the comment section below.